Re: Too Much of Anything

On Wed, Jan 3, 1996 3:45:10 AM  at The Who Mailing List wrote:

>>If I'm not mistaken, not only the vocal is different on TMOA. It sounds
like
>>an entirely different take to me. Listen to the guitar...
>>Of course, they may have been piecing together bits, so...
>
>It is a completely different version. No remixing was done to it, they
just
>picked the wrong tape off the shelf. "When you're listening to so many
tapes,
>everything tends to blend together and you tend to forget which is
which..."

>wf

I wonder whether they'll include the orignal version on Odds and Sods.  I
certainly hope they don't think "close enough" and leave the song off.  I
wouldn't mind getting the original mix of Little Billy either.

So what's the status of the 2 CD greatest hits set?  If MCA isn't doing it,
would Polygram go it alone?  I was hoping to get some noncrossfaded
versions of single only tracks.