Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 50

>I just cant stand the cymbals in "A Quick One", in the 'Ivor'
>section they seem to turn into white noise and drown evrything else
>out, its very annoying.

I think this was deliberate. In TKAA movie Pete describes how Kit was
getting the engineer to do all kinds of `weird, weird stuff' like making the
cymbals sound like the steam from a train, or something to that effect.
I agree that it's annoying. I think that some of the songs survived in spite
of the production techniques because the guys COULD put them across live,
without relying on studio trickery.