Re: William Shatner

NP:  Jethro Tull, "Locomotive Breathe"  Philly 1986

Gary,

	RE:> Worse than William Shatner doing "Mr. Tambourine Man"?

	(Laughing)  Willie Shatner's album is entitled THE TRANSFORMED MAN. My
brother, the family Trekkie, bought it and taped it for me, and the
album's so bad, it's funny.  In fact, if I remember correctly, David
Letterman played excerpts of "Mr. Tambourine Man" once when  Shatner
was on the show.   Shatner doesn't actually sing , but in the
appropriate places he says, "Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man."  And the version
of Lucy in the SKy with Diamonds version isn't in the same vein:
little singing, heavy on the dramatic recital of the lyrics.  Great
fun.
	Leonard Nimoy has also released several albums of poetry/music
(presumably Vulcan poets only), and Lt. Uhura (Michelle Nichols) is
supposed to be a half-way decent blues/jazz singer... I only hope she
got that god-forsaken silver, metal thing she used to wear while
manning the communication console out of her ear before she put on the
studio headphones....
	In other Star Trek/Music related news, James "Beam Me Up, Scotty"
Doohan and Spinal Tap's Michael St. Hubbins are reportedly putting the
final touches on the all-bagpipe version of "Big Bottom"....

	Every good wish--Tom Farrell