No Subject

>Date:	Sun, 18 Feb 1996 08:36:18 -0500
>From:	WFang01@aol.com
>Sender:	owner-thewho@mpath.com
>
>> I find it silly how some go out of their way to collect a mono mono mono
>mono stereo version of Magic Bus from Thailand.  Why!?!?  What's the
> purpose
>in this?  Instead of spending the tens to hundreds of dollars  on one band,
>why not use that money to discover other bands or types of music?
>
>There's a "mono mono mono mono stereo version of Magic Bus"? You want to se
>ll
>it? (jk) Personally, I love the studio variations and rarities. To me, it's
>like listening to a completely different song, or, it gives some more insig
>ht
>as to how the song developed, etc. For example, look at all the excitement
>over "From Lifehouse To Leeds"--the different versions of the "Who's Next"
>songs. According to you, "What's the purpose in all this?"

There is a difference from getting material from a different studio session
than the same session that produced the released product.  Thus is why From
Lifehouse to Leeds was so big.

>what's the point of the "new mixes" on the "box set" or anything similar?
>I've been listening to the stereo mix of "Disguises" since 1983, when I
>bought, "Back Track 3".

The mixes aren't what's important.  It's the fact that the original master
was touched and transformed with modern technology.  I could care less about
remixing, because Im used to how it sounded when I was 10.

> To me, it was the ONLY version of the song. Are you
>saying that you like ONLY the first version of any given song released, and
>all subsequent "finds" are thus ignored by you? Please give us some insight
>to how you see these other versions...

But WHY search them out?  Is it really worth spending double the price of a
CD in the US for an import for one song?  Personally I'm dissapointed with
the new Quick One CD compared to the old LP version of Whiskey Man.  Maybe I
do like the first version I heard the best because of it's familiarity.  I
still hate A Quick One (the song) because it's not in stereo anymore.

>As for "that money", buying Who records and doing other things (including
>buying other music) are not mutually exclusive.

Well, do you buy music of other artists now?  Would Data approve of such
behavior?  :)

"I'm pissed off, I'm pissed off all the time" ---Ray Rhodes