Re: this and a little bit of that

<<Townsend skipped the bluegrass-type acoustic bit of the Overture on the PPV
in '89.  That ruined it for me - sorry! I've got that >>

BLUEGRASS?!  But I agree, that was sorely missed.

<<I wouldn't say Marshalls were designed FOR Townshend, but I'd say he had
input.  More with Dave Reeves, tho...>>

I'm sorry, in my feeble attempt at brevity I failed to qualify-I meant the
Marshall 100-watt stack.  From THE HISTORY OF MARSHALL:

     It was now 1965.  Britain was revelling in the hysteria of the "Beat
Boom", America was succumbing to the "British Invasion", ...and Pete
Townshend needed a bigger amp.
      "We were so proud of those first 100 watt amps, and at the same time
Pete said, 'I want something bigger, an 8x12'.  I said that I thought his
roadies would have trouble handling it, and sure enough the roadies
complained.  ...Pete came back and said 'You were right, but can you still
give me that height but in two cabinets?'...Really, the stack was a
combination of the design ideas of Pete Townshend and myself."   Jim
Marshall.