Re: Pete's guitar playing

> From: WFang01@aol.com
>  By '89, his ears were in sad shape, often
> suffering from "ringing" (telephone-in-ear syndrome--jk) with loud noise.
> Pete blamed this on a combo of too many years playing on a too loud stage and
> falling asleep drunk with headphones BLASTING music. Apparently the booze
> knocked out his normal protection mechanisms that would have told him that
> his ears HURT...

I believe that drinking makes your ears more vulnerable, which is
frightening, really, cos obviously when you're drunk you don't care
AND the noise is more damaging...THINK ABOUT IT! A friend of mine
suffers from tinnitus and let me tell you, it's hell.

> According to Pete, by '93... most of the problems that he suffered from (in
> terms of the ringing) were gone, and the same problem didn't affect him
> anymore...

Hmmm...tinnitus is irreversible, I'm told. Maybe Pete just didn't want
to do it...He IS a strange character isn't he?

Jukka
elm: k20963@kyyppari.hkkk.fi
http://kyyppari.hkkk.fi/~k20963/pop.html