Re: Pete's guitar playing

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996 WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> Since around '85 or so, Pete started developing some serious hearing problems
> and was advised by his doctors that he'd end up DEAF if he kept playing live.
> Obviously Pete kept on playing... By '89, his ears were in sad shape, often
> suffering from "ringing" (telephone-in-ear syndrome--jk) with loud noise.
> Pete blamed this on a combo of too many years playing on a too loud stage and
> falling asleep drunk with headphones BLASTING music. Apparently the booze
> knocked out his normal protection mechanisms that would have told him that

Keith's drum exploding in Pete's ear on the Smothers Brothers couldn't
have helped either (that's been the reason I always thought Pete had
tinnitus, and other hearing problems worse than the others in the band)

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend