Re: The Who Vs The Rest

At  1:02 AM 96.2.12 -0500, Mark Leaman wrote:

>Songs that reflect The Who on Zep II: Whole Lotta Love (especially the end:
>"Way down inside/Woman you need..."), the electric parts of What Is And What
>Should Never Be ("And the wind won't blow...") & Bring It On Home, and
>Heartbreaker (not the lead break, of course). The chorus and end of Ramble
>On ("Now's the time/The time is now..."). I never said (nor implied) that it
>was note for note...it's not. But there is a strong resemblance.

I gotta say you're stretching here.  Maybe the end of WLL, but as for the
rest, I don't hear it (I'm listening to 'em right now.)  As for Page and
Plant stealing from others, Plant joked about this last week at the show I
saw.  He said that Gallows Pole was a song they thought they had written at
the time.  It was good to see that he at least knows he's full of shit :)

cmh
http://www.trn.or.jp:80/~chris/
150 東京都渋谷区東 3-12-12
3-12-12 Shibuya-ku Higashi, Tokyo 150