Under Twenty One

Tesco Vee writes:

<<I'm not under twenty one anymore, but in 1987 I was under eighteen.
In that year, I heard on a local FM station here in New York, that there
would be a special concert featuring John Entwistle at The Bottom Line.
The announcement said that the tickets cannot be bought;  The tickets were
only available at the blood bank, where you must, at least be willing to
give a pint of blood.  It also said that you could be any age and that you
just have to show up.
        To my recollection, tickets were available to the first 300 people
and I got ticket #238 and the friend I brought along got #239...>>>

I didn't think it was possible, but my respect for JAE has just shot up anpther
few notches.  In 1987, that band was in rather dire financial straights at that
time and the fact that he would nevertheless do a benefit show for the Red Cross
speaks for his commitment to his fellow man and more specifically to his fans.
And what a great idea to get blood donors!  Even a squeamish old bastard like me
would be enthusiastically presenting his bracheal fossa for venupuncture at the
promise of Entwiste tickets!

J.