Re: Who? vs. Zep

>Date:	Sat, 10 Feb 1996 15:12:55 -0500
>From:	Nervos@aol.com
>Sender:	owner-thewho@mpath.com
>To:	mleaman@sccoast.net
>cc:	thewho@mpath.com
>Subject:	Who? vs. Zep

 Though all this talk about Who (excuse me, but i DO know this is a Who
>list) makes me wonder why nobody's mentioned the band who, at this period,
>was certainly the best live band, the Mick Taylor Stones!!

I think that's because most realize they weren't the best live band of this
period.  To even think the Stones matched the Who's energy level would be
seriously delerious.  The Stones certainly rocked with Taylor live, but in a
hard edge Chuck Berry sense.  Nothing spectacular, not really emotional, but
great party music nonetheless.  I love their '71 Leeds boot.

"I'm pissed off, I'm pissed off all the time" ---Ray Rhodes