Expanded Who`s Next

Just some comments on the bonus tracks. Wow! Especially Baby Don`t You Do
It, with Leslie West on lead guitar. What a song - Daltry is so powerful on
it, yet soulful too. And Pete just cooks with West - this song alone is
worth the price of the album. Then there is the live Water, the last 90
seconds of which showcases a Pete solo that`s pure dynamite - I`ve never
heard him play lead so fast and well. Then there`s - oh gosh, can`t remember
the title - the song I am referring to was also on Odds and Sods and the
notes on the back of the CD cover (of the expanded Who`s Next) say it`s the
version released on Odds and Sods, although clearly it`s a different, and
far superior, version, and could easily have been included on the original
Who`s Next - the band plays effortlessly well on it and the second half has
a rocking guitar that the Odds` version lacks. As for Behind Blue Eyes, it
is the first recording of it, and really of historical interest, but
interesting all the same. Ditto the take of Pure and Easy. But it`s great to
see that the Who still have so much in the can that`s so good - keep it
coming...