Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 37

Mike, re:

> fang, i was surprised to read that WBN is among your least played- i
>just got my first copy ever this year, and i completely dig it! much more so
>than WAY, TWSMG, and AQO. but just an observation....

"Who By Numbers" just doesn't do a whole lot for me these days... I remember
way back when I first got it, playing "Blue Red & Grey" over and over and
such... Maybe I'll appreciate it more when they add the bonus tracks and
remix it... I have to say I never liked "Dreaming From The Waist" until I
heard the live version from the "box set" and I actually prefer the live
version of "Imagine A Man" from "Daltrey Sings Townshend" (or whatever we're
calling THAT album this week)...

"Who Are You" was my first Who album (still have the original cassette
tape!). I just HOPE that they found the Who versions of "Empty Glass" & "Keep
On Working" and I believe they actually found "Choir Boy"... The Polydor
version of the album is far superior to the current MCA pile of <Picard> or
even the silly gold disc. What needs serious attention on that one is the
drum mix... the rest of the mix is OK...

I'm looking foward to the day that they make "peace" with Shel Talmy and get
the masters for "My Generation". It's really a GREAT album and WILL sound
wonderful in true stereo...

As for "A Quick One"... I was just listening to the stereo version of it
today on the way to work. IMO, in stereo it's a great album. In mono, it's
depressing... When it sounds good, it's a fun album...

So... there you have it!

wf