Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 37

At 03:45 AM 2/7/96 -0800, The Who Mailing List wrote:
    [] [] [][] [][] [] [][] [][] [] []

>From: "Gary M. Gillman" <garyg@inforamp.net>
>
>Don`t know if these questions were asked on the list before,

[post clipped] {{{re: overdubs}}}

 but one wishes that these details were duly noted
>on the album, so posterity could have all the facts...
**************************

excellent question, g- i'm also curious about my gen blues on TKAA, the lp
and cassette
at least; there seems to be several overdubbed guitar parts on the official
release. i would have never known, save for the fact that i have the pontiac
show on video, where it came from, and there are several significant
ommissions re guitar lines (tasy ones, too)

anyone know of any other instances?

BTW, heath,m enjoyed your who v. zep dialogue on AMW- i do have to question
your statement   that the who's and zep's sales figures are comparable- i
think (and always thought) that zep sold more simply because zep released
music in a more market oriented approach;
the actual number of original titles are close, but the who's catalogue has
been deadened by GH, comps, etc. anyone know for sure what he figures are
for both?

and fang, i was surprised to read that WBN is among your least played- i
just got my first copy ever this year, and i completely dig it! much more so
than WAY, TWSMG, and
AQO. but just an observation....

mm

" I never read a book before reviewing it; it prejudices a man so."
	- Sydney Smith