Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 37

> Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 10:57:54 -0500
> From: "Mason T. Weinrich" <mtw@shore.net>
> Subject: Entwhistle singing

Mason, Mason, Mason..."Entwistle".

>                        [] [] [][] [][] [] [][] [][] [] []
>
> Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 16:38:33 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Gary M. Gillman" <garyg@inforamp.net>
>
> Don`t know if these questions were asked on the list before, but can someone
> explain why the second, live half of A Quick One on the 30 year box set is
> clearly different from the same song on The Kids Are Alright soundtrack
> album, notwithstanding that the booklet for the box se (some of the best
> writing on The Who ever done, by the way) states that said live second half
> is taken from the Rock and Roll Circus. Could two versions of A Quick One
> have been recorded at the Rock and Roll Circus,

I believe it's confirmed that at least two and possibly three (?) full
performances of AQO were taped at the Rock and Roll Circus.

> Same applies to JAE`s addition of a missed vocal line to a chorus on Heaven
> and Hell on the expanded Leeds. Well, John did tell us about that one - in
> an interview on the Net - but one wishes that these details were duly noted
> on the album, so posterity could have all the facts...

While it would be nice for our purposes, it's also probably impossible
to fully document all the recording notes (e.g., "John vocal overdub,
1:35 into song") that go into an album.  Besides, 98% of the buying
public wouldn't give a monkey's.

>                        [] [] [][] [][] [] [][] [][] [] []
>
> Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:02:53 -0500 (EST)
> From: John Brawley <brawley@cbl.cees.edu>
> Subject: Entwistle #
>
> OK, now that John is out and running on his tour I thought it might be
> interesting to compare the limited edition "The Rock" numbers (from the
> back of the CD).  I am not even really sure I know how many were
> produced...I heard 5000.  Anyway, I am number 4999.  Who has 5000?

I got 4997.  Alan McMullan, who was sitting right next to me when they
were distributed, got 4414 or some such; no apparent pattern.  Another
"High Numbers" thread a la the 30-yrs limited-edition box...?

Hey Rich, is #1 available?  How about #2? Just wondering.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I*
*do* *my* *job*.  -- Pete Townshend