Re: Face Dances...

>>"Face Dances" would have been much better with a) a different drummer and b)
>>a different producer...
>
>WF:
>
>That may be true (although the drummer argument becomes weaker because you
admit liking IT'S HARD...as do I, much more than FD), but the main weakness
of FACE DANCES is the material. As good as some of these songs are, it is
not really Who material...as has been said, this was Pete solo type stuff.
>And I don't care how much fading and crossing channels there are, Did You
Steal My Money is a prime contender for the worst Who song ever. Too much of
nothing is too damned much for me! How Do You Do It Alone is only slightly
better.
>On the other hand, Don't Let Go The Coat and Daily Records are both great
songs. There is some worth to this album.
>No, I don't blame Szymczyk (I had to go look)...he did a great job with The
James Gang. It was Townshend's fault, for trying too hard to change the
sound of the band.