Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #635

At 22:53 12/14/96, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:
>From: getenter@ix.netcom.com (Ken Guilford)
>Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 13:32:05 -0800
>
>Just got off the phone with Neil Sidwell, the Who's arranger & leader
>of the horn section for all the Quad shows. He tells me that the band
>will indeed tour Europe in April & May, Oz & Japan possibly in June and
>back to the states for July and August.

Yes!!!  I really feel good for Denis, the world's most isolated and devoted
Who fan.  Let's hope it comes through; tickets were actually sold for DST
in Oz but still it didn't happen.

>A little known fact is that Neil and Pete spent two months in May &
>June of '96 working out the musical arrangements for the new monolithic
>Quadrophenia.

Am I missing something?  Given that Neil was the leader of the horn
section, I'd pretty much expect that he and Pete would be getting together
at some point to discuss arrangements.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend