Clambake Joe et al

scott,
valid points all- however, it just may be a matter of youth/age/time

i'm not yet 30, but i can t get into these new bands at all- i mean, i wish
oasis would slide under a gas truck and taste their own blood!

i've seen pearl jam, nirvana, jane's addiction, and alice N. chains, and
still dig them,
but PJ peaked too early, kurt punked out, jane's broke up, and AIC is
cleaned up;

the who (or rather TED) are still doing it- hopefully in an arena in VA this
fall.
i pretty much reverted back to my faves after returning from  woodstock 2,
when i saw a young girl eat the mud that trent reznor had thrown at her.

the beatles, stones, who, zep stuff is just so fucking heavy compared to
anything else-
for me, (and to each his own) nothing can touch it for sheer excitement when
listening
(typing with one hand, and windmilling with the other)

quad is perfect ex- it's not merely music, it's a state of mind.
i cant count how many times ive drifted away while listening to
it all the way thru.

feed your head, indeed.

it's reassuring to see the younger listmembers digging the who;
such enlightenment, so early!

regards,
michael

mishuram@washpost.com