Re: Fillmore 1968 boots

Gary, re:

> Does the Shakin All Over version represent a real improvement, say, as big
as the change is from Naked Eye, as it sounds on the expanded Who`s Next, to
that performance as heard on the Lifehouse Live CD? WF, any thoughts here?

I'm not Nicole Simpson's barking dog, but... I'm not quite sure of THAT
comparison (going from poorly mixed mono to a professional stereo mix),
but... it's quite significant. Most (if not all) of the previous Fillmore
boot CDs were dubbed (poorly) off of their vinyl counterparts. While the
essense of the performance was there, it's distracted by a lot of hiss,
crackle and pop and in the case of my previous one, lacking a LOT of
fidelity... This version is allegedly off of the master tapes and IS a
significant jump forward... In other words... $20 well spent. My only "gripe"
is that these stupid bootleggers don't know the difference between the left
and right channels (neither do most radio stations)...

-wf