The Who Unplugged

There is a persuasive argument that Townshend started the unplugged craze by
performing Drowned, Pinball Wizard and Won`t Get Fooled Again (the latter
with classical guitarist John Williams) on acoustic guitar at the first
Secret Policeman`s Ball in the late 70`s. It is truly a pity these
impassioned performances (which legend has it were performed after PT
consumed a bottle of cognac) have never been commercially released on CD (a
fact which WF has now established beyond any doubt I believe). So it is
fitting that the Who perform in a non-electric format at the trailing end of
the unplugged fad. This would be interesting, in particular, for JAE -
would he care to play his lines on an acoustic bass guitar or upright bass?
I think a small string section with some extra percussion would not be out
of place. I`d prefer no solo material (except if Rog wants to perform
TSRNR). What might be interesting is if the band did only material from 1975
onwards; or only Quad; or only their singles, but I`d take any combination.
I`m sure the Who/Townshend were offered this medium many times and I`ve
always wondered why PT (presumably) hasn`t wanted to do it........Gary M.