Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 107

>Slipkid, re:
>
>>Does anybody have a good boot performance from 89 of the Who doin "Love
>Hurts" or "Hey Joe"?
>
>I'm not Agent Orange, but... "Hey Joe" is on "Horton Hears The Who", but
it's
>only taken from the 9/89 Texas broadcast and the mix could be better...
>Unfortunately, MCA didn't release THOSE 2 cuts (and more) on the "Join
>Together" box...
>-wf

>I'm not Swingin' Pig, but... the boot listing has "Hey Joe" as Buffalo and
>"Born On The Bayou" as Oakland... You may be right, but knowing how the
>bootleggers operate, it would have been much easier for them to snarf these
>two tracks right off the Dallas broadcast, crappy mix and all... If you're
>going by your ear, I'll defer to your "live tape" expertise, if you're going
>by the labeling on the boot, then my original comments stand...
>-wf

Yes, 'Hey Joe' is actually from the Buffalo show and there were a number of
good audience tapes available to bootleggers with DAT's starting to become
more popular around '89.  Unlike the old '73 broadcast, they didn't have to
depend on a radio show and boot it over and over.  Back to the original post,
'Love Hurts' was only played at the first 10 or so shows, but 'Hey Joe' was
played almost every night.  The only boots from '89 I can think of off the
top of my head don't include either song.
Doug