Re: Drums, Casting, Jody, ST:NG, McVicar

Lev, re:

>Note 1:  The reason PS had 12 minutes of film time was that he was a
>theatre actor.  You know, the kind who can't mess up 20 times...

I'm not Egghead (hMMM, was that Vincent Price? Or Patty Sewage?), but... I've
heard that "common excuse" a thousand times. The truth is, Stew-wart, tried
to get into film time after time after time and the best he could do was "bit
parts" or commercials like the "Tidy Bowl Man". When "The Boring Generation"
was offered to him, he didn't say "I'm A Theater Actor, I'll have no part of
this <Picard>!", he grabbed it, to finally realize his ambition of becoming a
FILM actor, make some money and pay for essentials like deodorant. I'm always
amazed by the "trekkies" who jump up and down saying how "great an actor" the
guy is, just because they like the show...

BTW, I haven't said anything about Shatner. However,  did you notice the
"other" people's defense of Sewage, by comparing him to Shatner? Folks,
that's not a valid defense. You can't claim Pete Townshend is a great
guitarist because... "Keith Richard's isn't!"

>> At least NG was fairly well-polished (and, yes, so was Picard's head)...
It was so "polished" that it was completely dull. A handfull of decent
episodes in 7 years, does not make a series. BTW, you may want to add the
adjective "misshapen" to describe the "well-polished head"...

-wf