Re: Sammy Hagar

In a message dated 96-04-17 02:17:54 EDT,
amck@eden.com (Alan McKendree) writes:

>I know very little about Sammy Hagar's music, but the one
>song of his I definitely like is "I Can't Drive 55".

     From the VoA(?) album, around 1984. Sammy boasts
a strong Who influence, and covered "Baba O'Riley" as
well as WGFA in concerts over the years. I have a boot of
his 1983 show at the St. Louis Chekerdome, where he
dedicated an encore to The Who with Baba followed by
"Remember the Heroes." When you get a chance, you
might check out his "Standing Hampton" record for that
and some other good pre-"55" songs.