Re: Moon Movie

Forwarded message:
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 1994 10:37:24 -0458
To: thewho@mpath.com
From: cuda340@tribeca.ios.com (Tesco Vee)
Subject: Re: Moon Movie
Sender: owner-thewho@mpath.com

Jake, Re:

>I also think Robert Downey Jr. could do a
>credible job.

        Yes!!  I think that's the best suggestion so far.  Not only can
Robert Downey Jr. can do comedy well, he is also good in dramatic roles.  I
think someone like Jim Carrey would make a mockery of the great Keith Moon.
To put the icing on the cake, RD jr. resembles Moon somewhat, especially
around the eyes.  However, I think the best choice would be an unknown
actor, but that actor would be branded for life because of that role.
                                                                        Stacey

I like the Robert Downey Jr. choice.  He has demonstrated excellent
physical comedy skills with a british accent in "Chaplin".  That role
really impressed me.

Just an aside, I was watching a Spacehog video on eMpTV the other day
and noticed the drummer is a Keith Moon wannabe.  Next time you see
the video "In the Meantime" pay attention to the mannerisms.  Not
only are they uncanny, his double bass drum kit has rack toms that
are positioned as Moon had his.  The band is british btw hailing from
Leeds, the live rock landmark.