Re: Who hates whom?

>    It seems, from the comments made so far in this discussion (and I know it
>is real early to make this observation, but what the hell....!), that the
>general concensus is most people appreciate variety in radio programming; that
>programmers are TOO NARROW in their playlists.  I couldn't agree more....a
>free-form format would be welcome by me, but it's not likely in this day and
>age of "payola".

gary:

I'm not the thin man...

Too narrow, as you say, in the song selections and the bands too! Anyone
else notice how many times the same bands have been mentioned so far? And
when they do play these bands, they play the same cuts over and over and
over. If I never hear Old Time RnR again, it will be fine with me. Or Two
Princes, but that's another matter...
I actually liked a (very) few of the bands mentioned...but overwhelming
airplay killed what little joy I got from them. Even for The Who (and it
seems by the comments so far that I'm fortunate enough in that
respect...they play more Who and different songs than the rest have
mentioned). How I long to hear Amazing Journey/Sparks or Out In The Street
on the radio...
But, as The Sports once sang, "Who listens to the radio?" For me, it's just
Stern and King Biscuit and Westwood One (when we used to get it)...and then
over to the CD player, cassette deck, or turntable (yes, I still use mine at
times).

                   Cheers                   ML