Re: Who hates whom?

I'm not Fred Jacobs (he's the premier FM rock radio consultant) bu having
worked in AOR while in college (WIBA-FM, in mad to be exact -- I've seen the
posts about WMMM) it's the three B's that send me screaming:

-Boston
-Bad Company
-Bob Seger (put your hands in the air...)

Of course, BTO can be added though they don't get nearly the exposure as the
aforementioned offenders.

Remember, the play lists are computer-generated based on Arbitron research,
and what will keep you (the "average" listener) tuned til the next
commercial. During drive-times on WXRT, KQRS, WXRK, etc., you won't hear
anything that will offend the main stream listener. I'm not saying The Who is
offensive (except to my parents when I was in jr high), outside of WGFA,
Pinball Wizard, and the like, Joe-Bob "the Doors rule!" Jones with the Lexus
and plenty of disposable cash won't wait for the medicated gold-bond powder
spot through 7 minutes of Pete's vitriol.

I think cassette players were invented so you don't have to sit through "Old
Time Rock and Roll" once an hour.

Litgo@aol.com