Re: Who hates whom?

My impression is that Ian meant for this to go out to the entire list, but I
think it only made it to me.  My apologies, Ian, if this isn't what you
intended!  By coincidence, though I find many of the AM sports radio talk
show hosts to be jerks, I do find myself using them as a respite myself more
often than I've previously cared to admit.

Rich B (Bogie3200)

>Subj:	Re: Who hates whom?
>Date:	96-04-14 23:23:46 EDT
>From:	iderby19@us.net (Ian Derby)
>To:	Bogie3200@aol.com
>
>Bogie is right, might as well have a poll of the most hated.  I'm sure Mr.
Fang has
>plenty of candidates.
>
>Now I happen to like these bands, but when I hear them on the carradio (I
never listen
>to the radio at home, unless it's Howard Stern) I immediately head for the
fallout
>shelter (sports talk AM radio).
>
>1) Led Zeppelin :  the most overplayed band in this market for the last 3-5
years.
>Every two hours guaranteed.  On top of that they have a block (four songs)
of Zep
>every weekday at 7PM.  If the Who had this much airplay and had their entire
catalog >exposed like Zeppelin's, the general public might appreciate the Who
a little more.

>2) The Doors : another teenage T-shirt attraction rock band.  Cliche' music
now.

>3) Jimi Hendrix :  It amazes me that I still hear Purple Haze on the radio.
 This song is
>#1 in the rock cliche' hall of fame.
>
>If I wasn't such a big Who fan, I'd even have to list them.  Just like #2
and #3, the
>Who's airplay locally is a big cliche'.  WGFA, Goin' Mobile, BBE, My Gen,
Sub, MB,