Re: King Of What?/MCA

>  I'm not half the man I used to be but....
>  If you're talking about the Bonzo song on Let's Make Up And Be Friendly,
>it's called "King Of SCURF" not "Scruff".

Brad:

I'm not "Legs" Larry Smith...
You're right; I was at the store and away from my precious Bonzo Dog
albums/CDs, so I couldn't check...and had always heard it as: scruff. Which
makes sense given the lyrics and the meaning of scruffy (shabby and untidy,
according to Random House)...but makes even more sense given the meaning of
scurf (small loose scales of skin, as in dandruff). I must confess that I
was unfamiliar with the word scurf till now. Can't say that I'm too unhappy
about that.
Still, Apple Scruffs came from scruffy-looking characters and I still doubt
that "apple scrumping" came from the Harrison song.

                   Cheers                   ML