Re: Local Radio Station

In a message dated 96-04-12 16:28:04 EDT,
CNMX58A@prodigy.com (JOHN J SUTTER III) writes:

>the Loop.

     Ahhhhh, now *that's* a word I've not heard in
the context of great rock radio for a long, long time
... when I was in Chicago during the late '70's,
WLUP was phenomenal for playing The Who and
other great rock -- particularly during the late hours
when I was slaving at the typewriter. I  think I still
have a promo tape from those years,  and my "The
Loop: Rock on Chicago" shirt -- but "Where Chicago
Rocks" has gone to the great concert in the sky --
probably at the Amphitheater with Keith on the drums
and Jimi still torching his guitar ...