Various

The fact that the Who`s label would apparently think that a Leeds Tommy
would be similar to the remixed studio Tommy makes me...ah...nervous....
Regarding the two tenner deal reference in Don`t Try To Make Me Real,
clearly the tenner is a U.K. 10 pound note, as WF said, but beyond that I
can`t hazard an informed guess as to what PT meant - it sounds like he`s
referring to a drug transaction of some kind. I find the lyrics to this
particular song some of his more impenetrable. Regarding apple scrumping in
Quad, yes, the homebrew suggestion may be farfetched; probably PT was
referring to what Ray Davies was - the youthful English activity of pinching
a few apples from a nearby orchard. As I`m typing this, I`m listening to
Tales From The Who, a CD boot indicated as issued in Italy in 1989. This is
a performance of Quad and other songs from shows at Capitol Center, Largo,
Maryland and The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA, in Dec. 1974. I find these
performances really good - PT in particular plays very well with very few
off-notes. Are these songs the King Biscuit performances that were broadcast
on radio in the 70`s? I find the sound quite good on this CD, but does
anyone consider that these performances are available in another format or
version with a better sound and/or mix? Is this CD exactly the same as (the
vinyl) Decidedly Belated Response?.......Gary M.