Jive Talkin'

>I'm not Burt Reynolds, but... there was a scene in "Smokey And The Bandit"
>where he accidentally on purpose runs over a whole bunch of mailboxes....
>hMMM... I think you may be on to something here... Have you ever done a study
>of "destroyed expensive mailboxes" and their contents? Perhaps these "morons"
>(as you describe them) are trying to "censor" your mail???

I'm afraid I didn't make myself quite clear.  The assault example is closer to
what I'm trying to say . . . and what am I trying to say?  Oh yes . . . are
such people human beings or automatons?  Meaning do they automatically, like
Clockwork Oranges, at the sight of such things---pretty women, nice clothes,
expensive mailboxes---seek to vandalize and destroy or do they think about it
first?
Same with those albums, movies, books, etc that some people want to
censor---why should people mindlessly imitate what they see, hear, or read?
Upon reading *The Sorrows of Young Werther* many youths committed suicide over
"lost loves"---if they hadn't read the book would they have done that?  Did
the mere suggestion propel them to do that?  Does anyone know what I'm talking
about?
For the record I am against censorship---but I'm amazed at how suggestive (or
perhaps the word I want is "provocative") some individuals are.

Amira