tipper girl

Mark Leaman writes:

While I am against any sort of censorship, the truth of the matter is
that Ms. Gore merely added a label
and made no laws concerning the sales (etc) of identified item.
<<<

Yeah, but only after a whole lotta people stood up and said "Shut Up!" to
Tipper.  I think the entire American civil stratus owes a huge debt to
Frank Zappa for being the most prominent figure in revealing the folly of
Tipper's crusade.  Without his tireless efforts, we may have seen that
Fallwell-ian idiocy succeed and actually become some sort of law.

BTW:  if you haven't picked up any of the Zappa redux catalog from Ryko,
slap yourself twice and go get some.  I just got "One Size Fits All" and
am totally blown away.  FZ approved all the masters himself, and they are
*stunning.*  I hope that Ryko gets Pete's catalog to reissue.  Then we
might have a chance...

OK,
KLW

"Ich bin der Chrome Dinette!"