Quad in Hyde Park Thoughts

Just a few random thoughts from this corner -

At first I was really surprised that all 3 would get back together to do
a Quad one-off or mini-tour, but the more I think about it, I'm really not.
In the past few years, Roger and John have played a big chunk of Quad in
their shows, so the live arrangements are already done.  Both of them love
the piece, so it is no surprise they are doing it.  And for Pete, well, we
know that he loves the limelight, as much as he says he hates it...

I am also looking forward to, but am wary about, PT's upcoming solo shows.
I watched the 30 years video the other night, and was blown away all over
again by the raw power and emotion in everything from his playing to his
stage show.  In a small club, solo acoustic, I worry that much of that power
(which, BTW, was also there on his solo tour in '93) may be missing.  I have
enough fate in PT to know that we will at least get something interesting,
and hopefully great, but I am going in with slightly lowered expectations.

Lastly - Let's hope that PT is on electric (whether SG, Les Paul, or Eric
Clapton red strat) rather than strumming an acoustic for Quad...

- Mason