RCA Victor orchestral project?

I'm not the Sheriff of Nottingham, but I happened to be paging through
Rolling Stone's year-end issue for 1994, which I believe somehow managed to
ignore the 30 Years boxed set (even in an article on the year's boxed sets),
but did note that The Who's "surviving group members are cooperating in a
project to orchestrate their music as part of an ongoing series on RCA
Victor.  The band members will not only play on the album but will possibly
reunite for a few dates to support it.  Other artists set for the
'orchestral-rock' series include Procol Harum, with a release due in
February, and Jimi Hendrix, with an album full of guest guitar gods due later
in the year."

Over a year has passed since this announcement; does anyone know what became
of this project (and possible reunion mini-tour)?

Rich B.