openers

Rich asks:

Who were some of the more interesting/noteworthy bands to serve as
opening
acts for The Who?
<<<

I'm not Tuesday Weld, but my vote for WORST was Blackfoot, who opened for
the boys at the Seattle Center on the first tour with Kenney.  Terrible
Southern Rock.  Talk about out of place...  I had a handful of cross-tops
that was *really* getting on top of me and just couldn't sit still, so I
went and RAN around the arena 'til they were done.  I was wearing a
military parka faithfully done up like the cover of Quadrophenia, and I
had a 'do like Roger's.  I must have provided the entire place with
entertainment, because I was PISSED!

Ah, those were the days...

Actually, I remember disliking virtually every opener I've seen.  The
Clash, T Bone Burnette, and several others that I can't recall - I simply
am not in the mood to hear anything else.  Zep could have opened and I'd
have booed...

OK,
KLW