London day three, day two was a blur

(c) copyright 1995 by  Jack Lyons, all rights reserved.

Letter From A Fan as told by Irish Jack at his "Who reading" at the Regent's
Palace Hotel, London, 17th September, 1995..

Robert Fearnley-Whittingstall first met Kit Lambert when they both served as
officers in the army when posted in Hong Kong.  They later consolidated their
friendship when both went on to Trinity at Oxford University.  Through their
friendship Robert's wife Jane came to work for the Who in 1965 as publicist as
well as being the band's first fan club secretary where she ran the fan club
under the name Jane Who.  Of all the hundreds of letters Jane Who received there
was one: and in effort to protect the innocent as they say in the papers, I will
not divulge the name of the writer.

The letter went like this...

"Dear Roger,

I am great fan of the Who and I think you are all great. How big is your cock?
And can you please tell me how big is Pete's cock and John and Keith's?  I
enclosed a little memento for you to remember me by...."

The lady had stapled a clipping of mouse-coloured pubic hair to her letter.

The following was typed by David Mangham in the cellar of the Hard Rock Cafe,
London,  to all the Internet fans, by special request of Irish Jack, with whom
we had dinner and drinks!

We have not quite sobered up enough to recount all the details of the incredible
concert given by Roger, John,  Simon and Zak last night except to say that
"Naked Eye" was fab!

Fondly,

David Mangham, Joe Grimes, Alan McKendree, Mike Westbrook, Christian Krumey,
Dave Fiore, Svante Boerjesson and George Coelho.