Re: Who's Next/New Live CD

Svante, re: "Lifehouse To Leeds". I've spoken to Chris Charlesworth on this
issue as I believe he bought those NY Kit Lambert produced tapes from the guy
who booted it. I believe that back then, they were very careless with their
tapes. Part of the reason why they can't seem to find anything! There was a
time period where Pete really wanted to bring another guitarist on-board with
the Who, but Roger was dead set against it. Could be that in the studio,
there could be that exception. From my point of view, I just love that raw
sound!

As for the "Tommy Demos", I have yet to get a straight story (at least to my
satisfaction). According to Chris C, these demos may have been floating
around in the UK for quite some time. He told me that he has an old vinyl
boot called (this part is interesting), "The Genius Of Pete Townshend" that
has the demos, to which I replied, "Are you sure you don't mean, "Obscure And
Oblique" as here, the "Genius of..." is the "Lifehouse Demos"??? But, he said
he was sure. I thought that Pete must have given them out since the quality
was so good, but in this business, it seems that people have sat on some good
stuff for a LONG time. Again, just glad I have it. I'm a bit disappointed
with the treatment of the "Quad Demos", it would be nice to have ALL of the
demos on a 2 CD set the quality of the "Tommy Demos". If anyone would like to
continue to bust Pete's balls about releasing all of his demos, I wouldn't
have to sound like the only one bugging him. I'll GLADLY give you his
"Boathouse" fax # to meet that end!

WF <~