Pete Live 9/10/95!

Just came back from the "Paul Simon & Friends" concert. Pete Townshend WAS
the opening act AND played a bit more than Matt Kent led me to believe.

Pete opened up on guitar with "The Kids Are Alright" with Paul Simon and some
lame drummer. (When he came out he introduced himself as "Roger Daltrey",
then "Art Garfunkle"). He played alone, after that. Next, was "Save It For
Later". Then he made a speach about the first time ever playing solo piano,
sat at the piano and did: "Slit Skirts", "Cut My Hair", "Love Reign O'er Me",
"I Put A Spell On You". He then went back to guitar and did "I Am An Animal"
and "Drowned". Pete was in very good spirits and looked happy to be there.
(the whole thing lasted about 1/2 hour.)

The next act was Paul Simon with "Slip Sliding Away", so we left! Chances are
that Pete will come out at the end with something in group fashion, but to
hear Paul Simon was too painfull!

So... there you have it!

Oh, I was hoping that he did the "Quadrophenia" cuts as a warmup for next
Saturday, but that remains to be seen!

WF <~