Who's Next Masters Missing

Last week the latest issue of Studio Sound Magazine had an article with
Andy Macpherson. Among other news, he revealed that they were able to
locate only about half of the multitrack masters from Who's Next. Hence,
half the album is being remixed, half simply remastered by Astley. This
simply adds to a histor resplendent with shoddy management of The Who's
masters. If Shel Talmy had given up what he has years ago, it would have
been lost by now. So don't cry over the that early who stuff that he won't
let go of. Macpherson also mentioned that they were ready to move on to
Quadrophenia. I consider their attempt at remastering Quadrophenia,
probably one of rocks best sounding records,(listen to the Mobile Fidelity
version) quite a challenge. I know that many people have different opinions
on this, including Entwhistle who felt the bass was lite. Well, either way
it's going to be interesting.

scott james

"Our Love Was...Soaring" PT.

Scott James