Re: "Leaving Here" origins?

>Thanks for the info -- I suppose that explains why I'd never heard a
>version of that other than the Who cover.  Who was Eddie Holland?  I've
>never heard of him before, either.

Andy:
Eddie Holland was one of the Motown team...I have the song on the HITSVILLE
boxed set, and it's not too different from The Who version. He wrote a lot
of the songs which were huge Motown hits, in the team Holland-Dozier-Holland.
Since we know that The Who were big Motown fans, it's easy to understand why
they covered this song.
I don't know how much you know about Motown, or if you're even interested,
but basically the same musicians and songwriters worked with everyone (The
Supremes, The Temptations, and so on). I suppose, since he didn't make it as
a performer, Holland went on to write and produce.
                    Cheers                   ML