"Leaving Here" origins?

Sorry for the non-flame-bait material . . . .

I just received a copy of the Pearl Jam Red Rocks 6/19/95 show, and
discovered that they did a cover of "Leaving Here" on there (Eddie
introduces the song as "this is an old song about women who are pissed off
at the way men are treating them . . . . ").  My first thought was, "Hey!
This is an obscure Who song!", but upon looking at the credits on the box
set, discovered that although the Who recorded this song while they were
the High Numbers, they aren't credited with writing it (I didn't recognize
the names of the songwriters).

The question is, was this at any point a "hit" song, and if so, who made it
famous?  I'd never heard it before I bought "Who's Missing" in high school,
although that could be because my musical education cuts off at about 1962.
Can anybody help me about this?  Hearing the song by someone else gave me
a new appreciation of this obscure Who tune (although Pearl Jam did a
credible cover of it), and I'm curious now.

Sorry for the lack of non-non-Who-related material; perhaps I should
theorize that Eddie was drinking an Amstel Light on stage . . . .

Thanks in advance,

Andy