Re: Pure Rock Theatre info request

Bruce, re:

>On a related note, the version of Young Man Blues
>on the Shakin All Over CD is the last of the three versions on the
>tape.  Also, the version on the CD is in mono while the version on the
>tape is in stereo, thus sounds much better.

Huh???

I did a review of "Pure Rock Theater" the day it came out (some time early
September, I believe). It's not the best performance (I prefer "Accept No
Substitute"), it's mixed OK (the drums are a bit shallow and it's a snad too
bright) and it suffers from a few dropouts (the sound just stops for a
second) and a poor tape splice... If they really wanted to "treat us", they
would have left off the "Leeds" tracks, and just given us the "Tommy"
performance... ...however, it's all part of the "collection"...

WF <~