Re: later Pete...

Jeff, re:

>Third, to me, both Townsend and McCartney dropped off the map for
songwriting... but I will back off that comment because, frankly, a lot of
right honorable listervees, including Mr. Fang and Dr. Jimmy, have eloquently
expressed their...

Oh no I'm going to be lumped together with Higgins forever! Seriously, I
think McCartney "dropped off the map" when he walked away from John Lennon,
as for Pete...

I'm actually surprised that a lot of my friends love "White City" as much as
they do. I always thought that was a weak effort that had some good songs.
I've also had a peeve with the sound quality of the album that didn't help
either... "Iron Man" was the soundtrack that came before the album and before
the "real" CD age. Had Pete stuck to his guns and made it a double like he
wanted (probably could have fit it on a LONG CD) it would have turned out
better. That and dumping people like Nina Simone (what an annoying voice!)
"Psychoderelict" on the other hand, was a refreshing masterpiece.
Unfortunately, Pete did himself a marketing injustice by allowing himself to
release his last 3 studio albums 4 years apart from each other and having
people "get used to" the dialog. Like everyone else, I "resisted" the dialog,
but after a few listens, I really liked it. Personally, I prefer the dialog
version... The album probably should have been a Who album, but go tell that
to Pete...

WF <~