Re: TheWho Digest

If this is TheWho Digest, why are we spending so much time slagging each
other over the Beatles?  Are the 'Oo not interesting enough to maintain our
attention?  Some of the comments have been constructive, but by and large,
most of what's been written on the subject looks like something high school
kids outgrew.  Does anyone else hate wading through all that B.S. just to
get to the REAL Who-related material?

It's interesting, too, to see people slag the post-Moon Who - I'm thinking
specifically of a reference to "the lame version of Young Man Blues" (as
performed on the '82 tour).  I've heard several versions of the song (Leeds,
Who's Last, TKAA, several boots, and in concert) and I must say that the
post-Moon Who version, while lacking some of the chaotic intensity of early
70's versions, retains every bit of the passion.  Try cranking it to 11 next
time you're in your car (arguably the way most Who songs are meant to be
heard) and see if you don't agree.

Here's a question for everyone:  do you think the Who will ever perform live
again?  What about an album?  Some new studio work would be gratefully
appreciated!

Long Live The Who!

Gary