Re: Re[2]: Birthdays

> > Excuse me Jeff, but Lennon-Schmennon, who cares? The important thing is that
> > John Entwistle entered this world 51 years ago today!!!!
> >
> > Pam
>
> I frigin care !! Thanks to John Lennon, I was introduced to rock and roll.
>
> Pete
>

>           Well, nobody likes it that Lennon is dead, but this is the
>           Who's mailing list, so be prepared for people to love the
>           Who over just about anybody else.  Glad to hear that Lennon
>           introduced you to rock and roll.  If you listen to the Who,
>           obviously you listen to real rock.  The Beatles as a rock
>           band are overrated--George Martin helped them out so much in
>           producing the works that stand as great (PEPPER, ABBEY
>           ROAD).  Well, that's my spiel.  You can do better than the
>           Beatles if you want powerful rock.

I'm not gonna continue this particular string beyond this, but that is
utter nonesense!.  In the words of my English teacher, "You don't judge
Shakespeare- Shakespeare judges you".  If you don't understand the place in
musical history of the Beatles and the Who, and how it all fits into a
historical puzzle, then I recommend some further research on your part.

But enough of me being heavy!  There's tons 'o' Beatle music which qualifies
as Rock 'n' Roll.  I think, live, breathe the Who every day.  But I still
consider the Beatles the greatest group of all time.  Totally and completely
different approach.  Period.  Apples and Oranges.. No doubt of Martin's
contribution to the sound.  But could I turn you on to some pre-Martin
bootlegs and live stuff which would fry your brains clean out...

Jeff