Re: chatter and Who content

Cathy intoned:

>changing from thewho@cisco.com to WFang01@cisco.com... enough's enough
>already.  ;-)
>

>"Any fool can chatter..."

Hey now, at least someone's posting.  When I first joined weeks would go
by without a post.  Thanks to the Fangster, Marty (where is he, anyhow?),
Joe G  and others we've got a reasonable running dialogue here.

And just to incorporate a bit of Who content ... my boss brought me an old
vinyl Who boot today (just started a new job and find out that my boss is
a Who fan!  Even has seen Quad and *loves* White City) that I've never
seen/heard before.  It's titled "Close Encounter" and says it's Hartford '79.

One LP:  Drowned / Music Must Change / 5.15 (cut)
Side 2:   Punk Meets the Godfather / My Wife / Sister Disco

It's a pretty good Aud with intact high end.  Nice jam on Drowned and a
nice jam is going on 5.15 when the side fades out :(.   Also some nice
guitar on the interlude in Sister Disco.  No boot label; the disc just has
NHV7900 on the center sticker.  The cover is a repeated photo of
Pete flashing his chest (nipples exposed, for the easily "tittilated");
four and half pictures down and four across.  Each row in colored
differently with the 3rd row down in b/w.

This'll also go to the Web page; didn't see it listed there.

And, a final gloat ... visited a used book/record store here in Dallas
and found "Whistle Rhymes" in near-mint condition for $3!  Also found
two OOP Dickey Betts LP's in similar shape.

Rich

richl27314@aol.com
"everybody knows this is nowhere"  --  NY
"how can you do it alone?"  --  Pete T