Re: Funny List, after all

Until Jones Beach, I had never had the opportunity to sit in the same zip
code of live band 1/2 as cool as Pete or The Who.  As I mentioned in my
earlier post, everything you said about the concert was correct and a much
better recollection than my earlier post.  I was in such awe of the concert,
of my seat and of being able to really see Pete for the first time that I
noticed all sorts of strange things going on stage.

There is no chance in hell that I would ever be able to identify what kind of
guitar Pete was playing or notice if my new remasterd CD had a minor flaw  at
2 minutes and 47 seconds.  But I know I love Pete and the The Who.  I can't
explain why I identify with Pete's lyrics yet find the Stones boring.  I just
know that I do.  Pete was drinking Rolling Rock.  The reason I remember this
is because I have never understood how someone like Michael Jackson could be
responsible for someone drinking Pepsi.  Or how an athlete wearing Nike's
would be reason enough to buy Nike over another brand.  But I'd bet that
since the Jones Beach concert, 95% of the beer I've had has been Rolling
Rock.

Scary thing is, Pete probably could care less about Rolling Rock.  It could
have just been the beer that happened to be delivered.  But what the heck,
it's good beer.

And I apologize for mentioning Michael Jackson's name in this forum...