Re: I'm The Face Acetate

<Bruce, re the acetates, I forgot which one they're going to use, but
<Jon
<Astley told me they plan on using a rare High Numbers acetate for the
<new
<"Odds & Sods". Apparently Phil Hopkins had a copy! For some reason,
<they
<don't seem to be interested in using the alternate version of "Anyway,
<Anyhow, Anywhere". Maybe I can change their minds...

<WF <~

I think acetate they are considering to use on the O&S set is the Pye
Records audition acetate of Leavin' Here/Baby Don't You Do It which
probably was recorded in late 1964 (see next to last issue of
Generations for more info.)

What I was talking about was what would have been the second single
(The Kids Are Alright) on Fontana.  This record is mentioned in an
article about Who collectables in the August 1994 issue of Vox.
Apparently, a few acetates were made before the label dropped the band.
The price of this was listed at 400 pounds minimum.  If ANYBODY has one
of these I would love a tape copy.

Bruce

PS I would also like the alternate Anyway... on the O&S CD.
Unfortunatly, they've probably lost it.  I think it is funny or a shame
(depending on your point of view) that a lot of REAL rarities are
coming from private collectors and bootleggers!