Re: Dukes of Stratosphear

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------

>Mark,
>        Excellent example of 60's Acid Rock.  The _irony_ of it all is
>that CD is made up of an EP and an LP that were released in 1985 and
>1987, respectively.  Just had to chime in ....being a big XTC fan.

Gary:

Look at it this way: CFTCF is either the greatest (so far) tribute to Acid
Rock ever released (take that, Ramones!) or Andy's biggest piss-take (any
extremely American readers can translate that to making fun of).
         Cheers                      ML

------------------------  End Original Message  -----------------------
Mark;

        I think it might actually be a little combination of both...
In the book "Chalkhills & Children", the point was made that both
Andy and Colin were fans of 60's Psychedelia.... (maybe Greg, too...
I can't recall offhand), and the producer, John Leckie, was "all systems
go!" for the project!
        Now, about the Ramones.... I was never a fanatic.... I kinda like
there music...but I always thought their brand of sound to be "just a bit
of fun".... like the movie "RnR High School".... NEVER thought them to be
even influenced by Acid Rock or Psychedelic Rock.  (A "fun" punk band).

        IMHO, and what the hell do I know, anyway.

        Happy Holidays, mate.
        gary m.