Re: roger daltrey

>I am curious to know why roger Daltrey gave up playing
>lead guitar, does anybody know how this decision came
>about. up to the poing when the high numbers were beginning
>who was the better musician Pete or Roger and Why did Roger
>move to singer and not, how close was Keith Moon to joining
>Led Zepplin.

Rick:

I've read that Rog's job as a "rust repairer" (sheet metal worker) made it
painful for him to play guitar.
Pete began as a self-taught banjo player, while Entwistle got professional
training...on the horn. So I'd have to give the nod to John.
I don't think Entwistle and Moon ever seriously considered joining "The New
Yardbirds"...it sounds more like a night of drunken discussion. Now, that
doesn't mean that Page wasn't actively trying to recruit the boys...that I
can believe.
   Cheers                   ML