Re: The Who Digest Vol 2 Num 306

>When Jon Astley finishes with the Who, the Kinks 60's recordings on
>Reprise would be a great project for him.
I couldn't agree more!  Nearly all of the Kinks albums released between
1966 and 1970 are now considered classics, but the CDs leave much to be
desired.  Once the Who upgrades are finished, the Kinks will have the
distinction of receiving the second worst CD treatment of any major
artists.  The top honors, of course, go to the Rolling Stones and their
London catalog, brought to you courtesy of-- who else? -- Allen ("I never
met an artist I didn't screw") Klein.